August 25, 2008

Self-inducted Constipation

The irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and constipation usually go hand in hand and constipation is one of the most common problems in the world today. Although general causes for it are multiple and generally based on the lifestyle of the subject or other health problems, constipation can also be self-inducted, and that is probably the biggest problem, since constipation is one of the biggest pains in one’s arse (pun intended).

So, what does self-inducted constipation mean and why is it so bad? Well, there is not really a definition for this, but I think it’s pretty self-explanatory: it is represented by the delay of defecation from various reasons. For example, I had a friend that could only defecate in his own WC and nowhere else, so whenever he went on a trip or vacation, he kept taking constipation pills to keep him going. Results? He now has IBS, he’s always constipated, he gained fat and is in a generally bad condition.

Another example of self-inducted constipation: myself. When I got my first job, I found out that the bathroom was located in the vicinity of a big office where about ten people were working. Basically, just the bathroom door was separating the two rooms, so whenever I felt the need for a bowel movement, I delayed it because I was pretty ashamed of the smell that could follow and the reaction of my colleagues. Results? Big problems with constipation today, irritable bowel syndrome and a small gain in weight. Fortunately, unlike my friend, I have learned how bad for one’s health is this self-inducted constipation and started to right the wrongs.

So please, have in mind: if you feel the need to go to the bathroom, go for it! Do not self-induct your constipation, whatever the reasons are. Because, ultimately, it’s all about your health. And there is nothing on this world more important than maintaining your good health!

1 comment:

Mahmudur Rahman said...

Great post. Thanks a lot.

http://dewdropofjupiter.blogspot.com/

Please note

All the advice offered here is based on personal experience (I am fighting against IBS, gastritis, ulcers and acute constipation). I am by no means a doctor and nor should my advice be taken for granted. Even though I am 100% sure what I say is correct, please take my articles only as guidelines and contact a medic for proper diagnosis and treatment for all your colon or abdomen related problems: irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, gastritis, as well as any symptoms you have. Stay healthy!