September 28, 2008

You Love to Eat, Don’t You?

If you’re starting to read this, one thing is clear: you just LOVE to eat, just like I do and just like at least half of the population of the globe does. Unfortunately, our love for food means we are prone to getting overweight, eating all sorts of unhealthy foods and eventually bombarding our body with toxins and all sorts of nasty stuff which, in the end, can have some really bad effects like gastritis, ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive system related diseases. So… what can we do, if we still love to eat?

Well, the first thing to do would be to “grow up” and stop eating all those tasty but unhealthy stuff – you know, the fast food type of stuff, the oily stuff and so on. But this is totally out of question (presuming that you’re not like me, already suffering from IBS which takes each and every tasty food from you). So… what to do?

One of the safest ways to keep your body and digestive system ready to battle the caloric bombs and the toxins of everyday’s food is a 5 day diet with fresh fruits and vegetables – apparently, this “living food”, often mistaken with “green food” means that you eat healthy for five days per week in order to keep your body up and running, help it detox and win a few more years for you to continue eating like hell. No, really!

So this diet I’m talking about consists of eating only fruits for short periods of time, along with vegetables – none of these being cooked. You’ll love them raw and your body will love them, too! Also, instead of water or the nasty sodas, you should drink tea, digestive tea, diuretic tea and avoid coffee at all costs. You can do that!

Following these short periods of time of eating living food (vegetables and fruits) it will be easier for your body to detoxify itself. But please, have in mind that, even though this kind of diets is better than nothing, it does not stand for a healthy living style that will be a pure heaven for your digestive system. So please have in mind to keep fats and unhealthy foods as low as possible, otherwise you might get to a point when you will regret. And that’s not nice at all! So stay healthy and IBS-free!

2 comments:

The Fitness Diva said...

Yes, I love to eat! And having grown up eating all types of fried, greasy and sugary food, it's hard to change that habit!
But, since I do know what's best, I have changed that, for the most part.
More fruit, more vegetables, more fiber, and no more fast food (except on occasion. I try to eat good for 5 days, and then on the weekend I have a few "not so good" treats. That's what works for me! ;)

McM said...

Yes, indeed, the change is hard, but it must be done (and I'm glad you manage to do it - actually, I am envious since I still can't eat "right" for 5 days :D).

Please note

All the advice offered here is based on personal experience (I am fighting against IBS, gastritis, ulcers and acute constipation). I am by no means a doctor and nor should my advice be taken for granted. Even though I am 100% sure what I say is correct, please take my articles only as guidelines and contact a medic for proper diagnosis and treatment for all your colon or abdomen related problems: irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, gastritis, as well as any symptoms you have. Stay healthy!